Scent Profile: Top Notes of Orange Peel and Peppercorn open to middle notes of Apple, Mandarin and Nutmeg, with lasting base notes of Creamy Vanilla and Clove.
The Inspiration: I was in Girl Scouts when I was young, and we mostly did arts and crafts. One of my favorite Christmas crafts was making orange pomanders, you know, decorating an orange with cloves and ribbons? I remember how the scent of orange bursts out with the press of each spicy clove into the peel. Can you smell it too? I love this combination. I remember my disappointment when the pomander didn't dry out like a gourd - it turned into a gross mess in a few days and Mom had to throw it away. Then she became annoyed with me for using up all her expensive cloves making new pomanders. I get it now, spices are expensive. Sorry Mom :)
My husband has a similar memory of this scent combination, only as a stovetop potpourri instead of a pomander. His grandmother, Martha Lyn, would add cut oranges and sometimes a sliced apple to a pot of water or cider, and spice it with cinnamon sticks and cloves. She would add water to it as the liquid evaporated away. It would make the house smell amazing, like a warm hug on a cold day.
This candle is made with US-grown soy wax.
FRAGRANCE - Across our product lines, our premium fragrance oils are:
- Used in proportions that comply with standards established by the International Fragrance Association
WAXES - Our waxes are either a custom blended vegetable (non-palm) soy wax, or a coconut apricot wax blended with a small amount of FDA-approved food grade wax. The candle description identifies the wax type used in creating the candle.
VESSELS - Our unique candle vessels are made from 100 percent recycled glass in Spain. These beautiful green-tinted glass jars have tiny imperfections in the glass surface and we love the distinguished character they give to the vessels.
We sometimes offer candles in straight-sided jars and preferentially select glass with recycled content. These glasses and the accompanying tin lids can be reused or recycled.
WICKS - We use cotton wicks with a paper core specifically designed for the waxes used in our candle lines. Wicks are dipped in a natural wax by the manufacturer for stabilization.
LIDS - Our cork lids are sustainably produced in Portugal. Contact us if you would like a clean cork lid to use with your repurposed vessel!
The 9.5 ounce net weight candle measures 3.14 inches long by 3.14 inches wide and 3.14 inches high. With the cork lid, the candle is 3.8 inches high and weighs about 1.2 pounds (550 grams).
The 7 ounce net weight candle measures 3.5 inches long by 2.75 inches wide. With tin lid, candle weighs about 14.2 ounces (402 grams).
The 3.7 ounce net weight candle measures 2.75 inches long by 2.75 inches wide and 2.25 inches high. With the lid, the candle is 2.25 inches high and weighs about 4.7 ounces (132 grams).
Candle Care -
- Trim wick to 1/8 - 1/4 inch each time before lighting
- Burn the candle for 3-4 hours during the first burn, or until the melted wax reaches the edge of the vessel
- For best results, burn candle no more than 4 hours each session
- Avoid placing your candle near drafts
- Place vessel on a stable heat-resistance surface and remove nearby flammable materials before lighting your candle
- Never leave the candle unattended
- Keep children and pets away from open flames
- Keep the candle at least 4 inches from other candles
- Avoid touching the candle vessel until after the candle is extinguished and cooled